>Ok, LK Hunsaker tagged me for this interesting little scoop, so I decided to play along. Essentially, once you’re tagged, you have to write a blog with ten (10) random things, facts, goals or habits about yourself. At the end, you choose ten (10) people to tag, listing their names and why you chose them. You also have to leave them a comment telling them “you’re it,” and instruct them to read your blog for instructions. The rules also state you can’t tag a person who’s already tagged you. Since you can’t re-tag me, post a comment here that you’ve posted to your blog so I can visit you and see your answers.
Ten (count ’em) Facts About Monica
- I’m bipolar with a touch of ADD. Even with meds, it’s difficult for me to maintain focus, thus my best writing time is late at night. This also means I have the terrible ability to open up my mouth and insert foot, there by showing my ass off. I really despise myself when that happens. I can step up to the plate when I’m wrong, and my apology is always sincere, but GOD, how I hate making a fool of myself. No one else seems to do that, but I excel at it, being an ass that is.
- I love big cities. New York is top on my list, followed by Chicago. I’ve been in both cities more than four times on visits. Broadway in Manhattan is one of my all-time fav places. Love those shows!!
- I believe in reincarnation, and I’ve had a past life regression where I experienced three past lives. NONE of them were pleasant. I died quiet unpleasantly in all three of the lives, and it explains a lot as to why I can’t stand to wear anything around my neck.
- I love Egypt and have a small collection of Egyptian memorabilia, including canopic jars, an Egyptian dagger, aUshabti from King Tut’s tomb, and an Egyptian short sword (all replicas of course).
- I collect swords. I imagine that’s part of my Alpha tendencies. There’s something so graceful and beautiful about a sword fight. It’s about the skill, not brawn that matters in sword fighting.
- I’m an excellent cook and have thrown parties for up to 300 at a time. I’ve even thrown large events for my jobs, including one for more than 500 people with a Presidential Cabinet member, US Senator, state elected officials and local officials in attendance. I even earned an award for the event from my local PR chapter.
- I am extroverted in many ways, but it’s hard for anyone to really get to know the real me. What people see is essentially an act, if I showed the real me, I’d be exposing a vulnerability that I’m just not willing to share with people. Even my family has a tough time getting me to open up when something’s troubling me.
- I allow myself to be hurt by things others say. I take things too much to heart and when I get upset by something, I have a tendency to cling to it for days even weeks before I’m able to let the emotions go and move on. It makes for some really lousy moments.
- I’m a survivor of many things. There have been moments in my life when tried to end it all, but someone, somewhere intervened, whether knowingly or just by virtue of the Creator thrusting them into my path. I’m stronger than I think, although the price is that I lock things up inside of me for a long time, and then when they’re released, I wind up wearing the darkness like a badge of honor, rather than just letting it go.
- When I make up my mind to do something, I usually succeed. But I do have a tendency to set myself up for failure. Sometimes its safer to fail than it is to succeed, primarily because the more you succeed at something, the more others want to tear you down. Survival of the fittest I think. *grin*
Ok, now I have to come up with ten names…. Yes folks, TAG, YOU’RE IT!
Stacy – http://trelainastarblazer.blogspot.com/ Because she’s a Bella from Michelle B’s Romance B(u)y the Book blog. We’ve met once, and I was impressed by her quiet manner and lovely smile.
Mary Kate – http://www.031771.blogspot.com/ Another Bella from Michelle B’s Romance B(u)y the Book blog. She loves to read and always has great recommendations, why wouldn’t I want to know her better!
Kate Pearce – http://www.katepearce.com/blog2.html
She’s a chapter mate and I respect her work.
Natalie – http://nataliedamschroder.blogspot.com/
One of my GabWagon blog team members and we’ve known each other a while but don’t know each other well enough yet.
Barbara Pierce – http://www.myspace.com/barbarapierce
Because I love her picture, love her covers and she seems like someone I’d enjoy getting to know.
Angela James – http://nicemommy-evileditor.com/blog/
I have great respect for this lady. She’s diplomatic, sharp, savvy and is someone I’d love to emulate if I had the ability to act like a lady.
Ember Case – http://www.embercase.com/wpembercase/
Someone I enjoy working with in the Passionate Ink chapter
Rhianna Samuels – http://rhiannasamuels.com/blog2/
A new author I’d like to get to know better
Jackie Bentley – http://www.myspace.com/jackibentley
A fellow NCP author and all around nice person. Getting to know more about her would be cool
LeeAnn – http://leeann101.blogspot.com/
One of the Bellas from Michelle B’s Romance B(u)y the Book blog. Getting to know a bella better is always a pleasure